CMP Group Ltd. (CMP) warrants that its Octopus Branded Products; when properly installed, used and maintained, will be free from defects in material and workmanship. This warranty is subject to the conditions and limitations listed below and is valid for those periods as defined below.
CMP will provide replacement without charge for any Octopus product covered by this warranty which is returned (freight pre-paid) within the warranty period to the dealer from whom such products were purchased, or those which are sent directly (freight pre-paid) to the CMP head office.
Octopus products found to be defective and covered by this warranty will be replaced or repaired at CMP’s option and returned to the customer. CMP’s sole responsibility under this warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of defective product. CMP is not liable for any costs to remove, reinstall, or shipment of any related components.
Pleasure Marine Applications:
- For a period of 2 years from invoice date of original retail purchase.
Commercial Marine Applications:
- For a period of 1 year from invoice date of original retail purchase.
Limitations & Conditions
CMP will have no obligation under this warranty for any product which:
- has been improperly installed
- has been used in an installation other than as recommended in our installation or operation instructions or specifications.
- has failed or been damaged due to an accident or abnormal operation including racing, misuse or alteration outside of our factory.
- has been repaired or modified by entities other than CMP Group Ltd.
- has been used on an engine/boat combination where the engine horsepower exceeds the rating established by the boat manufacturer.
- Has been used with other product(s) which, in CMP Group Ltd.’s opinion, are incompatible with the Octopus product.
- No claim may be made for compensation for any damages such as personal injury, damage or loss of earnings. During the warranty period, the cost of labour, dismantling and re-assembling of the equipment outside the manufacturer’s plant, the shipping cost for repaired, replaced or faulty equipment, travelling and accommodation expenses for technicians are the responsibility of the customer.
- Octopus customer service will evaluate the initial warranty claim and if in agreement with the claim; will issue a return authorization number (RA). All Octopus products returned under this warranty must be tagged with the RA number, customer’s name, street address and phone number to ensure proper handling and returned freight pre-paid to the selling dealer or to the appropriate Octopus facility.
- The customer must notify the manufacturer as soon as possible of the defects attributed to the equipment and provide any proof concerning these defects. The warranty does not apply if the equipment is not returned to the manufacturer in the state in which it broke down or if it has previously been disassembled, repaired, modified either by a third party or the customer.